RIO DE JANEIRO, June 26 (Xinhua) -- Rio 2016 organizers received the keys to the city's new velodrome on Sunday as laborers continued to work around the clock to ensure the venue is ready for the Olympic Games in August.
Journalists were allowed only partial access during the ceremony, which was preceded by a testing session of the track by Brazilian and Swiss cyclists.
"I like it. I think it looks great. I'm satisfied," said the International Olympic Committee's Games director, Cristophe Dubi.
"There are still some finishing touches that need to be done, but the most important aspect, which is where the athletes will compete, is very good."
Rio's city government had scheduled the key presentation ceremony for Saturday but the event was postponed due to unfinished work on the venue's facade.
Parts of the velodrome that are still under construction remained covered by large black and green sheets.
Built at a cost of 147 million reais (43 million US dollars), the velodrome had been slated for completion last year.
Last month Rio's government rescinded its contract with the building firm responsible for the project after the latter said it was unable to meet its obligations due to financial problems.
Rio mayor Eduardo Paes has said the venue will be ready in mid-July, around three weeks before the Olympic opening ceremony.