MINQING, July 11, 2016 (Xinhua) -- A car is buried in messes at Bandong Township after flooding in Minqing County, southeast China's Fujian Province, July 11, 2016. Nepartak, the first typhoon of the year, brought heavy rain to Minqing, causing 79,000 mu (5,267 hectares) of crops flooded, over 3,144 houses destroyed and 95,000 people affected. Ten people were dead and 11 people were missing due to the typhoon Nepartak. Rescue and relief works are underway at present. (Xinhua/Zhang Guojun)
FUZHOU, July 11 (Xinhua) -- Ten people were killed and 11 remain missing as of 5 p.m. Monday at a county in east China's Fujian Province amid strong rain brought by Typhoon Nepartak.
The typhoon landed in Fujian on Saturday afternoon and faded into a tropical depression early on Sunday.
It brought torrential rains to Minqing County, causing casualties and economic loss totalling 2.2 billion yuan (about 320 million U.S. dollars), the local government said.
A total of 34,400 people were evacuated and some 1,000 people had to be rescued in Minqing.
The Ministry of Civil Affairs said earlier that as of 9 a.m. Monday, the typhoon had left nine people dead and 18 missing in Fujian. A total of 213,000 people in the province have been evacuated.