Police cars and rescue vehicles are seen near a food factory attacked by Saudi-led airstrikes in Sanaa, Yemen, Aug. 9, 2016. A total of 15 food factory workers including six women were killed and eight others wounded in a series of Saudi-led airstrikes in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Tuesday. (Xinhua/Hani Ali)
SANAA, Aug. 9 (Xinhua) -- A total of 15 food factory workers including six women were killed and eight others wounded in a series of Saudi-led airstrikes in the Yemeni capital Sanaa on Tuesday, a Xinhua correspondent at the scene reported.
The airstrikes destroyed the two food factory in Nahda quarter near the information ministry in downtown Sanaa.
Blood bath and bodies' parts were every where. Families of the victims crowded to search for their beloved relatives.
The relatives, women, children and men are crying. It's a brutal picture that cannot be imaged.
Sanaa, which is under control of Shiite Houthi group and it's ally forces of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh, has witnessed almost five months of calm with no airstrikes recorded.
Today, Sanaa turned into mess after dozens of airstrikes since dawn, in which several military targets including the presidential palace, the 1st military division base in south part of the capital were hit.
The main mountain bridge road linking Sanaa and southern provinces was destroyed, cutting off travel and food supplies between them.
The airport was shut down, and roads leading to it were closed, security officers and airport official told Xinhua.
Families were seen on vehicles with their belongings leaving Sanaa.
Residents in downtown the capital could hear sounds of artillery shelling from the northeast part of Sanaa, where Saudi-backed Yemeni government army are advancing in military attempts to recapture the rebel-held capital.
The situation here turned suddenly to a completely war zone. Residents expected things to get more worst. Armed Houthi fighters deployed everywhere in the streets and tall buildings.
Saudi Arabia intervened in Yemen's conflict in March 2015, nearly six months after Houthi group and Saleh forces stormed the capital Sanaa and drove out the internationally recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi to exile.
However, the Saudi-led Arab countries' coalition has since failed to restore President Hadi and his government to the power in the capital Sanaa.
The intervention triggered more devastating civil war that has so far killed over 6,400 people, mostly civilians, and displaced more than two million others.
The deadly dramatic military escalation came four days after UN-brokered peace talks in Kuwait between Yemeni parties broke down.
"Solution would not come through tanks, but via peace talks," said UN envoy to Yemen, Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed.