VIENTIANE, Feb. 3 (Xinhua) -- A bidding process to sell 15 cars withdrawn from government leaders is expected to be organized here next week, Lao state-run daily Vientiane Times reported on Friday.
It is part of the commitments that government leaders have made to stop driving luxury cars and save the government money.
The cars comprise seven BMW 7/730li and eight Mercedes Benz S350, according to a committee in charge.
The cars are being displayed at the National Convention Center (NCC).
"The bidding is wide opened for all interested parties. It will be carried out in a transparent manner in line with the relevant law," the committee said in a press release.
Last month, Lao Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith issued a decree to cut government spending remarkably.
The committee said the upcoming bidding will just be the first batch of cars withdrawn from the leaders at level I and level II categories.
Another bidding process will be organized at a later date as a number of Mercedes Benz cars purchased for state affairs services by state departments and excessive cars provided previously to the leading officials have not yet been withdrawn.