Portuguese woman victim of Barcelona terror attack

Source: Xinhua| 2017-08-18 21:53:34|Editor: ying
Video PlayerClose

LISBON, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- A Portuguese woman has been confirmed as among those killed in the terror attack in Barcelona on Thursday, Portugual's Lusa News Agency reported on Friday.

The woman was born in 1943 and had been living in Lisbon. At the time of the attack, she had been with a 20-year-old woman in Barcelona, said Jose Luis Carneiro, Portuguese state secretary for Portuguese communities abroad.

"We are working diligently to try to verify her whereabouts," he added. Carneiro said the family of the victim had been informed of her death.

According to government information, there are no Portuguese nationals among the injured being treated in hospitals.

At least 13 people were killed and some 100 others injured in Barcelona on Thursday evening when a van ploughed through crowds on the busy Las Ramblas street.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001365373251