SANAA, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- Saudi Arabia-led coalition launched Sunday a series of airstrikes targeting the home village of the Houthi-allied former President Ali Abdullah Saleh in the southeast of the capital Sanaa, said a security official.
The airstrikes targeted the Jarban area in the village of Sanhan, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Local residents said the airstrikes targeted several sites, mountains and farms in the area.
No casualties were reported, but dozens of residential houses near the targeted locations were slightly damaged.
The coalition has resumed military air campaign on surrounding military sites and in Sanaa over the past two days, nearly two months after the coalition halted the air strikes on Sanaa following Aug. 25 airstrike that killed 14 residents, including six children in the capital.
Meanwhile, the coalition continued air strikes on other rebels' bases across northern Yemen.
Last week, Saleh was admitted to the hospital in Sanaa, where he had a successful operation performed by a Russian medical team, according to a statement by Saleh's General People's Congress party.
Saleh had narrowly survived an assassination attempt in his residence in 2011, amid all-out popular protests against him that eventually ended his 33-year rule.
In September 2014, Saleh's loyal forces helped the Shiite Houthi rebels to seize control of Sanaa and much of the country's northern areas.
The United Nations Security Council later accused Saleh of obstructing Yemen's political peace and imposed financial sanctions and a global travel ban on him.
The conflict has drawn in the Saudi-led Arab coalition in March 2015 to help the internationally recognized Yemeni government of exiled President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi counter the Houthi-Saleh rebellion.
More than 10,000 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in the two-and-half years of war with over 3 million others displaced, according to UN agencies.
The country has also been hit by a deadly cholera epidemic and is now on the brink of mass famine.