BAGHDAD, Nov. 2 (Xinhua) -- The government of the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan denied accusations by Iraqi military that the Kurds reneged on draft of agreement with federal military to redeploy federal forces in disputed areas and border crossing points, Kurdish media said on Thursday.
"We have not reached any agreement. The Iraqi military delegation presented only a draft in a meeting between the Iraqi and Kurdish regional delegations. The next day, a different version of the draft was presented by the (Iraqi) military delegation, and we have replied to both versions," the Kurdish Rudaw media net quoted a Kurdish statement as saying.
The Kurdish statement came a few hours after the Iraqi Joint Operations Command (JOC) on Wednesday night accused the Kurdish military of reneging on the draft of agreement.
The JOC also accused the Kurds of moving their forces during the negotiated period and building new defensive lines to hamper the redeployment of the federal forces.
The accusations between the two sides came as the Iraqi forces are pushing to redeploy in all the areas that the Kurdish region had extended after 2003.
On Oct. 31, a JOC statement said that a team headed by the Iraqi Army's Chief of Staff, Othman al-Ghanmi, conducted a visit to the crossings of Faysh-Khabur and Ibrahim al-Khalil to determine the security requirements for redeployment of federal forces in the two crossings.
The Kurdish and federal joint team was formed to avoid military confrontations between the two sides after last week's clashes that occurred as the government troops advanced to seize more disputed areas.
Tensions have been running high between Baghdad and the region of Kurdistan after the Kurds held a controversial referendum on the independence of the Kurdistan region and the disputed areas.