KABUL, July 1 (Xinhua) -- The two deadly consecutive suicide bombings against the vans of police cadets in Kabul on Thursday which claimed more than three dozen lives and injured scores others have been widely condemned.
In the attacks which occurred in a span of few minutes on Tuesday morning, according to officials, 30 cadets were killed and 52 others injured.
However, unconfirmed reports and eyewitnesses believe that more than 50 people including the cadets and had been killed and more than 100 others injured in the bloody bombings for which Taliban claimed of responsibility.
The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) in a statement released here termed the twin attacks as unjustifiable and denounced it.
"There is simply no justification for such an attack. I remind all parties to the armed conflict in Afghanistan that they are bound to uphold their obligations under international humanitarian law at all times," said UNAMA statement.
"The perpetrators must be held accountable," Tadamichi Yamamoto the Secretary-General's new Special Representative for Afghanistan and head of UNAMA said in the statement.
Joining the condemnation, the NATO-led Resolute Support (RS) mission in Afghanistan termed the attack as a coward terrorist one and slammed it.
"The Taliban have once again shown their total disregard for human life. Their increased use of improvised explosive devises is taking a very heavy toll on the Afghan people," said Brig. Gen. Charles Cleveland, Resolute Support Deputy Chief of Staff, Communication, in the statement.
India, Pakistan, Brazil and many more countries have denounced the deadly Taliban suicide bombings in Kabul.
Afghan president Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, in a sharp reaction, described the deadly offensive against police cadets as a crime against humanity and ordered the Ministry for Interior to thoroughly investigate the case and bring to justice anyone found responsible for not providing security to the cadets vans in shifting to Kabul.
Meantime, Afghans from all walks of life criticized the government for its alleged failure in providing security to its citizens.
"Bloody attacks on Thursday is not the first and won't be the last one. This is the responsibility of the government to provide security for its citizens," a Kabul resident Wali Mohammad told Xinhua.