KUALA LUMPUR, March 31 (Xinhua) -- Malaysia on Friday called on the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) to hand over four suspects in connection with the death of Kim Jong Nam.
Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar told reporters Friday that a criminal investigation into the case of Kim's death is still ongoing even after both sides freed each other's nationals.
Khalid made the remarks while attending an event here. He said the criminal investigation was not compromised by negotiations between the governments of Malaysia and DPRK.
Malaysian police had previously said two female suspects, one Indonesian and one Vietnamese, together with four DPRK suspects, carried out the Feb. 13 attack on Kim Jong Nam at the Kuala Lumpur airport.
Khalid said the police could wait "for years" for the DPRK to hand over the suspects, who are also wanted by the Interpol which has issued a red notice on them over Kim's death.
On Friday morning, a plane piloted by several Malaysian air force pilots brought back the nine Malaysian citizens who had been stranded in DPRK to Kuala Lumpur International Airport.