WASHINGTON, Aug. 25 (Xinhua) -- A top national security adviser to U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday that no military action plan was currently being considered in the near future for Venezuela.
The national security adviser H.R. McMaster said at a White House press conference that the United States had no plans to take military action in Venezuela, but that President Trump intended to take advantage of a broad range of "integrated options" in the future.
McMaster's remarks came after the announcement of a new round of U.S. economic sanctions earlier in the day on the South American country, restricting the Venezuelan government's access to U.S. debt and equity markets.
Trump said earlier this month that he would not rule out a "military option" in Venezuela.