Syrian government soldiers celebrate victory against the Islamic State (IS) in the eastern city of al-Bukamal in Syria, Nov. 20, 2017. (Xinhua/Ammar Safarjalani)
MOSCOW, Jan. 7 (Xinhua) -- Russia registered five violations in two Syrian provinces over the past 24 hours, the Russian Defense Ministry said on Sunday.
The breaches were recorded in the provinces of Aleppo (3) and Lakatia (2), the ministry said in its daily bulletin published on its website.
In the same period of time, the Turkish party has registered 4 cases of ceasefire violations, the ministry added.
Both Russia and Turkey are guarantors of a nationwide Syrian ceasefire regime which came into force on Dec. 30, 2016.
According to the bulletin, most cases of unselective firing from small arms were registered in the areas controlled by insurgents of the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group.
One ceasefire agreement has been signed with a settlement in the Homs province over the last 24 hours, making the total number of such settlements reach 2,323, the document said.
Last month, the Russian military announced that Syrian troops supported by Russian servicemen have completed the destruction of Islamic States (IS) terrorists in the war-torn country.
Russian President Vladimir Putin later announced the beginning of a partial withdrawal of Russian troops in Syria.
Russia reportedly spent an average of 156 million rubles (2.6 million U.S. dollars) every day in past few years on military operations against terrorist groups in Syria.