NEW DELHI, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- A massive fire broke out at a three-storied industrial building in India's financial capital Mumbai Thursday, claiming the life of one person, officials said.
"The blaze started in the ground floor godown of Mittal Estate building in Mumbai's Andheri area and soon engulfed the entire floor this morning," a senior fire official said.
"One person sustained burn injuries in the fire and died on the way to the hospital," he added.
Some five fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames. "Firefighters have tried to contain the blaze," the official said.
Though an electrical short-circuit seems to be the reason behind the fire, a probe has been ordered into the incident, he added.
The incident came after 14 people, mostly young women, were killed in the fire at a trendy rooftop pub in Mumbai's Kamala Mills complex in the last week of December.
Fires are common in residential areas and factories in India, mainly because of lack of regards for basic safety norms and fire-fighting equipment like hosepipes and alarm systems.