JALALABAD, Afghanistan, July 9 (Xinhua) -- At least nine civilians were wounded in a bomb attack at a public picnic area in Afghanistan's eastern province of Nangarhar on Monday, authorities said.
The blast occurred after an improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated at a public picnic area in Chaparhar district roughly at 10:00 a.m. local time Monday, the provincial government said in a statement.
The wounded were shifted to a hospital in the district where one of the injured was in critical condition, the statement added.
No group or individual has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.
Early in June, one dozen civilians were wounded in a similar incident in restive Chaparhar in the province, 120 km east of Kabul.
More than 760 civilians were killed and over 1,490 others injured in conflict-related incidents in the first three months of the year in the war-torn country, according to figures of the United Nations mission in the country.