BERLIN, July 20 (Xinhua) -- At least eight people were injured in a knife attack on a bus in northern Germany city Luebeck on Friday, but media reports about the number of the injured varied.
The Luebecker Nachrichten newspaper wrote that two of the 14 people wounded were in serious condition, and the suspected perpetrator had been apprehended.
Schleswig-Holstein Interior Minister Hans-Joachim Grote told Das Bild that the suspect is a 34-year-old man of German nationality and Iranian origin.
While the Deutsch Presse Agentur (DPA) reported that eight people were injured. Three of them have suffered moderate, and the other five suffered minor injuries.
The Schleswig-Holstein said on Twitter that there are currently no indications of a political radicalization of the man and no signs of a terrorist background whatsoever.
Witnesses told the Luebecker Nachrichten newspaper that the attack happened in Kuecknitz neighborhood on a public bus to Travemuende. The driver stopped the bus and was then struck by the suspect. The passengers then reportedly restrained him.
The motive of the perpetrator is still unclear, according to the police.