SANAA, Jan. 10 (Xinhua) -- The Yemen's Houthi rebels on Thursday claimed a drone attack on a government military parade in the Yemeni southern province of Lahj that killed at least four and injured 20 others.
The Houthi-controlled Saba news agency said the attack was carried out by "Kasif 1" drone on the military parade in al-Anad military base Thursday morning.
It said the attack came after "a close observation on the invaders."
The head of the Houthi highest revolutionary committee Mohammed Ali al-Houthi said in a statement obtained by Xinhua that the drone attack targeted "the (government) Chief of Staff Abdullah al-Nakhey, his deputy Saleh al-Zindany and several other top leaders."
Saudi-owned Al Arabiya TV reported that at least six loyal military leaders were killed in the rebel drone attack.
The attack came after a fragile cease-fire between the Saudi-backed government and Iranian-backed rebels in the country's Red Sea port city of Hodeidah has apparently stalled.
On Wednesday, the United Nations Special Envoy to Yemen Martin Griffiths briefed the Security Council that "both parties, the government and Houthis, have largely adhered to the ceasefire in the Hodeidah governorate that entered into force on 18 December, 2018."
"There has been a significant decrease in hostilities since then," added Griffiths.
Griffiths said his team will continue to cement the fragile cease-fire and move forward to achieve a comprehensive peace agreement.
However, the Yemeni rival forces continued trading accusations of being reluctant to implement the UN-brokered cease-fire and peace agreement reached in Stockholm last month.
The Houthis have controlled much of the country's north since late 2014, while the government controls much of the country's south.
Saudi Arabia has been leading an Arab military coalition in Yemen against the Iran-backed Houthi militia since March 2015, in order to reinstate the exiled Yemeni government of Hadi.