European powers "extremely concerned" with Iran's latest nuclear activities

Source: Xinhua| 2019-11-12 03:42:21|Editor: Mu Xuequan
Video PlayerClose

BRUSSELS, Nov. 11 (Xinhua) -- The foreign ministers of France, Germany and the United Kingdom and the top diplomat of the European Union said on Monday evening that they are "extremely concerned" by the latest announcements that Iran is restarting uranium enrichment activities at the Fordow facility.

The moves had been confirmed by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in its Nov. 11 report, they said in a statement.

The European powers said in the statement that Iran's action is inconsistent with the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPoA)'s clear provisions on Fordow and has potentially severe proliferation implications.

It represents a regrettable acceleration of Iran's disengagement from commitments under the JCPoA, commonly known as the Iran nuclear deal, the statement said.

The European powers said they urge Iran to reverse all measures inconsistent with the JCPoA, including exceeding the maximum allowed low enriched uranium stockpile and the maximum allowed enrichment limits, adding that the IAEA has confirmed in its latest reports that Iran is carrying out all of these measures.

The European powers called upon Iran to fully cooperate with the IAEA within the framework of the JCPoA and in accordance with all its nuclear obligations.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011105091385472921