BEIRUT, Jan. 12 (Xinhua) -- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah said Sunday that there will be a series of operations against the U.S. forces in the region in retaliation to U.S. assassination of Iranian and Iraqi commanders earlier this month, local TV channel Al Manar reported.
Nasrallah made the remarks in a televised speech marking one week of memorial for the death of Qassem Soleimani, head of the Iranian Quds Force, and Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.
Nasrallah said that the United States has no other choice but to withdraw from the region either voluntarily or send back its army members in coffins to their homeland.
Nasrallah also denied allegations by U.S. President Donald Trump about Soleimani having plans to attack U.S. embassies.
Nasrallah praised Iran for its courage to attack U.S. military forces in Iraq.
Iran launched dozens of missiles on Wednesday, hitting two Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops, following the U.S. killing of Soleimani.