BEIJING, March 30 (Xinhua) -- Chinese health authority said Monday it received reports of 31 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, of which 30 were imported.
A new domestic case was reported in Gansu Province, the National Health Commission said.
Also on Sunday, four deaths, all in Hubei Province, and 17 new suspected cases, all imported ones, were reported on the mainland, according to the commission.
On Sunday, 322 people were discharged from the hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 109 to 633.
As of Sunday, the mainland had reported a total of 723 imported cases but no death. Of the imported cases, 93 had been discharged from the hospital after recovery, and 630 were being treated in hospital with 19 in severe conditions, said the commission.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 81,470 by the end of Sunday, including 2,396 patients who were still being treated, 75,770 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,304 people who died of the disease.
The commission said that 168 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus, 165 of whom were from abroad.
The commission added that 19,235 close contacts were still under medical observation after 1,575 people were discharged on Sunday.
By the end of Sunday, 641 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 38 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 298 in Taiwan including three deaths.
A total of 118 patients in Hong Kong, 10 in Macao and 39 in Taiwan had been discharged from the hospital after recovery.