SOFIA, April 5 (Xinhua) -- Bulgarian boxer Kubrat Pulev, the IBF's world heavyweight title challenger, said he will donate half of his money from the fight against Briton Anthony Joshua to help medical workers fight the coronavirus.
Pulev, 38, is expected to earn around five million U.S. dollars from the fight, which has been postponed due to the pandemic.
"I will donate 50 percent of the money I earn from the match with Joshua to the tireless heroes in the fight against the coronavirus," Pulev told German daily Bild on Sunday.
"I will give doctors, nurses and hospitals the necessary equipment to deal with this devilish virus."
Pulev had previously challenged for the IBF world heavyweight title in 2014, but lost to Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg when he was knocked out in the fifth round.
The 30-year-old Joshua reclaimed the WBA, WBO and IBF belts with a unanimous points win over Andy Ruiz Jr. in December.