TUNIS, March 6 (Xinhua) -- Tunisia announced extension of state of emergency for seven more months, starting from March 12, said the presidency on Tuesday.
This decision was made after a meeting of the Supreme Security Council, presided by President Beji Caid Essebsi.
The council reviewed the general situation in Tunisia as well as the defensive capacity of the security apparatus against the extremist threat.
"The security institution must guarantee social peace and economic security for all Tunisians," said Essebsi.
The state of emergency was first declared on Nov. 24, 2015, following a bloody bomb attack targeting a bus of the presidential guard that caused the death of 12 agents.
Since then, the state of emergency has been extended, each time for one to three months.