Security force members inspect the site of an attack in Aino Mina township of Kandahar, capital of south Afghanistan's Kandahar Province, Dec. 25, 2018. At least three people were killed and two others injured in the suicide attack that rocked Aino Mina township on Tuesday. (Xinhua/Arghand)
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan, Dec. 25 (Xinhua) -- At least three people were confirmed dead and two others injured in a suicide attack that rocked Aino Mina township in Kandahar city, capital of southern Kandahar province, on Tuesday, an official said on condition of anonymity.
The casualties, the official said, could rise as the blast happened in a residential area.
Provincial government spokesman Aziz Ahmad Azizi confirmed the attack but failed to provide more details, saying investigation is underway.
The attack, according to officials, was targetting a tribal elder and all victims are civilians.
No group or individual has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
This is the second suicide attack in the insurgency-battered country over the past two days.
A deadly suicide bombing and gun battle in Kabul on Monday claimed 44 lives and injured 27 others, almost all of whom were civilians.