KIEV, Dec. 29 (Xinhua) -- Ukrainian military on Saturday accused pro-independence armed groups in eastern Ukraine of violating a new ceasefire established in the conflict-hit region earlier in the day.
Ukrainian positions were attacked from grenade launchers near the village of Zalizne in Donetsk region, the press service of the government Joint Forces Operation in eastern Ukraine said in a statement on Facebook.
The Ukrainian army suffered no casualties since the ceasefire started, the statement said.
The conflict in eastern Ukraine has been raging since April 2014, claiming close to 10,000 lives.
On Dec. 27, the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) on Donbas crisis reached an agreement on a fresh round of ceasefire in the region starting shortly after midnight on Dec. 29.
The TCG is a diplomatic group of representatives from Ukraine, Russia and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe that was formed to facilitate a peaceful solution to the conflict.