A security official stands guard outside the Prime Minister's Secretariat after a fire broke out in Islamabad, capital of Pakistan on April 8, 2019. A section of the Pakistani Prime Minister's Secretariat caught fire here on Monday afternoon, local media reported. (Xinhua/Ahmad Kamal)
ISLAMABAD, April 8 (Xinhua) -- The fire which broke out in a section of Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan's secretariat on Monday afternoon has been extinguished and no one was injured in the incident, an official from the prime minister's office said.
Adviser to the prime minister Yousaf Baig Mirza told media that the fire erupted in a washroom on the third floor of the office building located in the high-security zone near the country's parliament.
Earlier reports said that the fire broke out on the 6th floor and that the prime minister was not in the office.
However, the adviser said that the prime minister was chairing a meeting in the office when the fire erupted and its smoke spread to other floors.
Firefighters and rescue teams responded quickly and made all the people, including the prime minister, to vacate the building, said the adviser.
The official said that the fire broke out due to a spark in the electric circuit of the building.