Rescuers search for survivors after a landslide in Xinmo Village of Maoxian County, Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture of Aba, southwest China's Sichuan Province, June 25, 2017. Fifteen people had been taken off the list of missing people after the landslide in Sichuan early Saturday, leaving 93 still missing. (Xinhua/Jiang Hongjing)
CHENGDU, June 25 (Xinhua) -- Rescue headquarters said on Sunday afternoon that 15 people had been taken off the list of missing people after the landslide in southwest China's Sichuan Province on Saturday.
Xu Zhiwen, deputy chief of the Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture of Aba, said that by 2 p.m. Sunday, 10 have been confirmed dead and 15 people were not in Xinmo village when the accident occurred, leaving 93 still missing.
State Councilor Wang Yong, who is leading work at the site, demanded all-out efforts to find the missing, treat the injured and minimize casualties.
At a rescue headquarters' meeting Saturday night, Wang ordered around-the-clock monitoring of the geological conditions near the site to prevent secondary disasters, a prompt investigation, and appropriate care to relatives of the missing and those suffering losses in the disaster.
He also pledged timely and accurate information release.