TRIPOLI, Sept. 10 (Xinhua) -- The Libyan Ministry of Health on Monday said that an armed attack on the headquarters of the National Oil Corporation (NOC) in the capital Tripoli has so far killed two and injured 10.
"According to the statistics of the Central Operations Chamber of the Ministry, the primary death toll of the armed attack is one dead and three wounded in Tripoli Central Hospital, and one dead and seven injured in the oil corporation's clinic," the NOC said in a statement.
Interior Minister Abdassalam Ashour earlier said that the NOC headquarters was attacked by "six people, who stormed the building early in the morning and used machine guns and grenades and detained a number of hostages."
UN Support Mission in Libya then condemned the armed attack, describing it as "a blow to Libyans everywhere."
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. However, the Interior Ministry's Special Deterrence Force announced that Islamic State militants were behind the attack, confirming that the building is currently under control.