YANGON, June 30 (Xinhua) -- Myanmar military decided on Sunday to extend the suspension period of military operation against armed groups in five military command regions for two more months, said the Commander-in-Chief's Office of the Defense Services.
The non-operation period was set to extend until Aug. 30 this year, the military said in a statement.
All military actions will be suspended in the northern, northeastern, eastern, middle-eastern and triangle military command areas.
The Myanmar military announced suspension of operations in December 2018 and in April this year.
So far, 10 ethnic armed groups have signed the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement with the government since it was initiated in October 2015. The 21st Century Panglong Peace Conferences were held three times during the incumbent government in August 2016, May 2017 and July 2018, respectively.