OSLO, Aug. 1 (Xinhua) -- A man in 50s was presumed dead in the landslide and flood that hit Norway's western county of Sogn and Fjordane during past days, newspaper Aftenposten reported Thursday.
The car which the victim was driving was taken by landslide in the county's municipality Jolster, and 150 people were evacuated from the affected area of 1,300 residents.
The catastrophe cut both power and mobile network for at least 500 people on Wednesday, the report said.
Norwegian telecom company Telenor reported that five base stations had been out of service and two fibre cable broken. County Deputy Chief Haavard Stensvand said it created the biggest challenge for police and emergency preparedness.
"Getting hold of people and confirming whether they were missing was the most difficult thing. When this situation occurs, the infrastructure vulnerability is evident," Stensvand told Aftenposten.
According to Elisabeth Aarsaether, director general of Norwegian National Communications Authority, "forces of nature make it difficult to avoid the failure of the mobile network."