OSLO, Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- The 21-year-old perpetrator that injured one person at a mosque near Oslo on Saturday did not have weapon licence, Norwegian media reported Tuesday.
"He was not registered with any personal weapons in the weapons register," Bjorn Vandvik, Deputy Police Chief, told newspaper VG.
Vandvik thus rejected statement by the perpetrator's family member who said that he had the licence. It was previously known that there were legal weapons at the address where the shooter was registered at, VG reported.
The shooter, known as Philip Manshaus, was also criticized for killing his stepsister at home. He has been charged for murder and act of terrorism.
According to NRK, Manshaus was listed as a member of a shooting club in the Oslo area since spring 2018. As a member of the club, one can borrow the club's weapons -- without even having a weapon permit, but weapons should not be taken home.
"My client does not admit criminal charges. He is still exercising his right not to explain himself," the defender Unni Fries told public broadcaster NRK on Monday.
Manshaus was remanded in custody for four weeks, NRK reported. The court ruled that he is subject to letter and visitation ban and media ban throughout the prison term.
Islamic Council of Norway condoled the family.
"It has been a shock to many, and that this happened the day before Eid, puts people in imbalance. But fortunately, the outcome in the mosque was not the worst. It is sad with the killing of the young girl, and we condole," said Abdirahman Diriye, leader of the Islamic Council of Norway.