ISLAMABAD, Oct. 18 (Xinhua) -- Pakistan on Friday strongly condemned a bomb blast hitting a mosque in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, which resulted in the loss of over 60 lives and injuries to scores of others.
Afghan officials said that 62 people were killed and 36 others were injured in the province's Haska Meyna district during Friday prayers.
Taliban denied involvement and condemned the incident as brutal. No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far. The area had once been under the influence of the Islamic State group.
"We share the grief of the bereaved families and offer our deepest sympathies and condolences over their loss in this mindless act of terrorism. Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their loved ones in this difficult time," the Foreign Ministry of Pakistan said in a statement.
The statement said Pakistan condemns terrorism in all its forms and manifestations and stands in solidarity with the government and people of Afghanistan in their fight against terrorism. Enditem