PRAIA, March 21 (Xinhua) -- The Cape Verdean Ministry of Health and Social Security Arlindo do Rosario confirmed Saturday the archipelago has confirmed two more cases of COVID-19.
During a press conference, the health minister do Rosario said one of the two news cases was "in contact" with the country's first confirmed COVID-19 case, a 62 years old British national. The second confirmed case is a Dutch tourist who stays in another hotel on the island.
"This means, at the moment, we have three confirmed cases in Boa Vista," said the minister, ensuring everyone is in good clinical condition.
On March 19, Cape Verde reported its first confirmed case of COVID-19, a 62 years old British national who arrived on the island of Boa Vista on March 9 and started to show symptons of fever and cough on March 16.
On Friday, the Prime minister of Cape Verde Ulisses Correia e Silva announced the island of Boa Vista would be put under quarantine till April 4 in order to prevent spread of the virus to other islands.
Only cargo boats are allowed to dock at Boa Vista for daily supplies, while domestic flights and ferries to and from Boa Vista are all suspended.
From Wednesday March 18, Cape Verde already suspended all international passenger flights.
So far, Cape Verde has reported a total of 3 confirmed cases of COVID-19.