Libya reports 4 COVID-19 recoveries

Source: Xinhua| 2020-05-03 03:06:45|Editor: huaxia

TRIPOLI, May 2 (Xinhua) -- The National Center for Disease Control of Libya on Saturday announced four new COVID-19 recoveries, bringing the total number of recoveries in Libya to 22.

Ahmed Al-Marghani, the center's awareness program's official, said that home quarantine and curfew in Libya aim to control the coronavirus, explaining that the country still faces risks in the spread of the disease.

"We test a number of samples, which some may see is relatively low. However, the pandemic has spread widely in the world, which means any country will face lack of resources, given the huge demand for laboratory operating materials," Al-Marghani told Xinhua.

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Libya so far is 63, including 22 recoveries and three deaths, according to the center.

Imposing a curfew, banning public gatherings, banning movements among cities, and closing borders are among a series of protective measures taken by the Libyan authorities to fight the pandemic. Enditem

KEY WORDS:
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011102121390266681