BEIJING, July 8 (Xinhua) -- Chinese health authority said Wednesday that it received reports of seven new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Tuesday, of which all were imported.
Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region reported four imported cases, while Shanxi, Guangdong and Yunnan each reported one, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.
No deaths related to the disease nor suspected infections were reported Tuesday.
On Tuesday, 20 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospital after recovery.
By the end of Tuesday, a total of 1,949 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 1,877 had been discharged from hospital after recovery, and 72 remained hospitalized, with no one in serious conditions. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
As of Tuesday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,572, including 390 patients who were still being treated, with six in severe conditions.
Altogether 78,548 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland, the commission said.
The commission said six people, including two from outside the mainland, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
According to the commission, 4,214 close contacts were still under medical observation after 231 people were discharged from medical observation Tuesday.
Also on Tuesday, six new asymptomatic cases, including five from outside the mainland, were reported and no asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed ones.
The commission said 117 asymptomatic cases, including 79 from outside the mainland, were still under medical observation.
By Tuesday, 1,299 confirmed cases including seven deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 46 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 449 in Taiwan including seven deaths.
A total of 1,161 COVID-19 patients in the Hong Kong SAR, 45 in the Macao SAR, and 438 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospital after recovery. Enditem