JAKARTA, Aug. 18 (Xinhua) -- The Indonesian government condemned a deadly terror attack in Barcelona of Spain that left 13 people dead and over 100 others injured, the Foreign Ministry said on Friday.
The government and the people of Indonesia expressed deep condolences to the victims and the family members of the victims of the attack, the ministry said in a statement.
The government asked Indonesian nationals, particularly those who are in Barcelona, to remain alert, monitor the situation in the places to be visited, and avoid areas which could be targeted by terrorists.
Some 120 out of 1,620 Indonesians living in Spain are in Barcelona, according Indonesia's mission in Madrid.
Attackers driving a van ploughed into crowds of tourists on one of Barcelona's busiest thoroughfares Thursday.
So far there is no report of any Indonesian casualty in the attack.