BUENOS AIRES, Aug. 22 (Xinhua) -- The president of Argentinean soccer club, Boca Juniors, revealed on Tuesday that he will go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) to demand that Shanghai Shenhua pays over 3 million U.S. dollars pending from the transfer of Carlos Tevez.
"They still owe us over 3 million U.S. dollars that they didn't pay us when the installment was due in June," Daniel Angelici told the press.
According to Angelici, Shanghai Shenhua only paid the first part of the transfer at the time of the move but "we never received anything more."
The president said he would go to China in October to make a direct claim to the club, but added that he had already warned his legal team to prepare a claim at the CAS.
He added that the Shanghai club had never responded to a demand for payment sent by e-mail.
Tevez, a legend in Argentina, signed a two-year contract in Shanghai Shenhua in December 2016 in a transfer worth 78.2 million dollars.
However, he has spoken out over the summer that he might return to Boca Juniors and is currently back in Argentina for treatment on an injury.
Angelici and Tevez met on Monday to discuss a potential return to Buenos Aires. However, the Boca Juniors leader said the club is not willing to pay for Tevez's release clause, set at 6 million U.S. dollars.
Tevez has not had a particularly stellar run in China, playing only 11 games and scoring only two goals. Currently, he is scheduled to rejoin the Chinese club on August 30 after the summer break.