YANGON, Nov. 11 (Xinhua) -- Old wires of light-bulbs used for decoration were blamed for the huge fire break-out in Kandawgyi Palace Hotel on the Kandawgyi lakeside in Myanmar's Yangon on Oct. 19, according to a release from the Fire-Service Department on Saturday.
The fire almost totally burned down the hotel building that also killed two foreign guests and injured two others including a fire-fighter.
This is the biggest fire break-out so far which mobilized over 300 firefighters and other rescue teams to fight the fire, according to the department.
The historic Kandawgyi Palace Hotel was built in 1979 featuring 10 teak bungalows and it was extended in 1993.
Operated by Htoo Group of Companies, the five star hotel was designed with local golden teak and has 195 rooms, gardens and rainforest trees.