CHONGQING, Nov. 24 (Xinhua) -- Disaster relief work has been ongoing in Wulong county, southwest China's Chongqing Municipality, following a magnitude 5 earthquake Thursday afternoon.
A total of 1,000 tents, 1,000 overcoats and 2,000 quilts have been sent to the area, the local civil affairs bureau said.
As of Friday noon, 3,288 people had been affected by the quake, among whom eight were injured and 26 relocated. Nearly 1,000 rooms were damaged, leading to direct economic losses of about 10 million yuan (1.5 million U.S. dollars).
The local grid company said the power supply had been restored to 240 affected households.
Tourist destinations in the area, including a world natural heritage site Wulong Karst, were open to public as usual Friday.