AMMAN, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Jordan on Monday condemned the missile attacks on multiple locations in Saudi Arabia fired by Yemen's Houthis that were intercepted by Saudi forces, the state-run Petra news agency reported.
Jordan's Minister of State for Media Affairs Mohammad Momani voiced Jordan's support to Saudi Arabia and its efforts to confront the repeated violations by Yemen's Houthis.
Jordan, he said, supports Saudi Arabia and its efforts to preserve its security and stability.
The minister also called on all Yemeni parties to resort to dialogue and denounce violence.
Saudi air defense intercepted ballistic missiles late Sunday over the capital of Riyadh fired from Yemen by Houthis militias, Saudi state TV reported.
The television said the Houthis fired two missiles toward Saudi and Saudi air defense succeeded in intercepting one over Riyadh, and another one over Jazan in the Saudi border with Yemen.
Loud sound of explosions have been heard by local citizens in Riyadh.
This is not the first time that Houthis fired missiles toward Riyadh.
In November last year, the Saudi air defense shot down a ballistic missile fired by Houthis at Riyadh International Airport.
In December, the Houthis fired a ballistic missile toward the Saudi royal palace in Riyadh.
In March 2015, Saudi Arabia led a military coalition of Arab forces, backed by the United States, to intervene in Yemen's conflict to back the government of exiled President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.