SANAA, Dec. 26 (Xinhua) -- Two men were killed and three women were wounded when a Saudi-led coalition airstrike hit a displaced family in Yemen's northwestern province of Hajjah on Wednesday, a local council official told Xinhua.
It targeted a slum house, which the victim family has rented for more than two years after they escaped ground battles in the far northern district of Harad bordering Saudi Arabia, Abdullah Shuayb, a member of the tribal and local council in Mastaba district, told Xinhua by phone.
The airstrike took place in early morning in al-Sudy village in the northern edge of Mastaba district.
Saudi Arabia is leading an Arab military coalition that intervened in Yemen in 2015 to support the government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi after the Houthi rebels forced him into exile and seized much of the country's north, including the capital Sanaa.
The four-year-long war has killed more than 10,000 people, mostly civilians, displaced 3 million others and pushed the country to the brink of famine.
The United Nations has brokered a cease-fire earlier this month between the Yemeni rival forces in the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah, as the first confidence-rebuilding measure to end the war.