GAZA, March 26 (Xinhua) -- Israeli air fighters launched on Tuesday night an airstrike on an Islamic Hamas movement's military facility in southern Gaza Strip in response to the earlier rocket attack into Israel, no injuries reported, medics said.
The Gaza-based Radio of al-Aqsa reported that Israeli army drones and warplanes attacked three different military posts and facilities in southern Gaza Strip area of Khan Younis, adding that severe destruction was caused to the posts.
Medical sources said that no injuries were reported, but flames of fire and polls of smoke have been seen coming out from the targeted sites.
An Israeli army spokesman said in a press statement that the resumption of airstrikes on military facilities and posts were carried out in response to an earlier firing of a rocket from the Gaza Strip into southern Israel.
Earlier on Sunday morning, a long-range rocket was fired from the Gaza Strip and struck central Israel, where several buildings were badly damaged and destroyed and seven Israeli civilians were injured.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack yet.
The Israeli cabinet had instructed to strike on the Gaza Strip, where more than 50 airstrikes had been carried out on the Gaza Strip's militant facilities and compounds, including the headquarters of Hamas politburo chief Ismail Haniyeh.
In return, the join chamber of military operations in Gaza, which comprises Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine (DFLP) and other minor groups, fired several barrages of rockets into southern Israel.
During the trade of fire between Israel and Gaza militant groups, Gaza Health Ministry said that ten Palestinians injured and were evacuated to the hospitals for medical treatment.
The Israeli media reported that Israel had conveyed a message to Hamas through the Egyptian mediators for a ceasefire that the Israeli army would largely respond to rockets firing into Israel.
Khader Habib, a senior Islamic Jihad leader, said in a press statement that the Israeli side "doesn't want to declare a ceasefire agreement in fear of the Israeli public pressure that may occur before holding the parliamentary elections in Israel on April 9."
Habib reaffirmed the Palestinian factions' commitment to calm "as long as the Israeli side is committed to," adding "calm for clam."
Asked by Xinhua if there were Israeli conditions for calm such as stopping the night demonstrations at the border with Israel and stop releasing arson balloons, he said that "we don't accept any condition as long as the siege is still imposed on Gaza."