WASHINGTON, April 21 (Xinhua) -- The United States confirmed on Sunday that "several U.S. citizens" had been killed in the multiple deadly attacks in Sri Lanka.
"While many details of the attacks are still emerging, we can confirm that several U.S. citizens were among those killed," said U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in a statement.
"The United States condemns in the strongest terms the terror attacks," Pompeo added.
The death toll from the multiple blasts that ripped through Sri Lanka on Sunday rose to 228 while 450 others were injured, local media quoting hospital sources said.
The Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority said in a statement that 32 foreigners from the United States, Britain, Belgium and China were among those killed.