PHNOM PENH, Aug. 24 (Xinhua) -- Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen said he had held a telephone conversation with his Lao counterpart Thongloun Sisoulith on Saturday morning, reaching an agreement to withdraw both sides' troops from an undemarcated border area.
"So far, there is no any tension, and our two countries' soldiers stay together, eat together, so all of our citizens please don't worry," the prime minister said in an exclusive interview with local media Fresh News.
Hun Sen said they had a "good and pleasant" conversation and the two sides agreed to pull out respective troops from a yet-to-be demarcated border area.
He said Thongloun will visit Cambodia in mid-September to further discuss the remaining border issues between the two neighboring countries.
The border row between Cambodia and Laos began in April, 2017 when Cambodia accused Laos of sending about 30 soldiers to occupy the areas of O Alay and O Ta Ngav in Stung Treng province bordering Laos' Attapu province. However, all Lao soldiers pulled back from the areas three months later after a meeting between the two prime ministers.