RAMALLAH, April 18 (Xinhua) -- Nabil Shaath, international relations advisor to the Palestinian president, said on Thursday that the Palestinians will launch a campaign to counter the U.S. Middle East peace plan, known as the "Deal of the Century."
The campaign will target "the crime and conspiracy that aim at liquidating the Palestinian cause under the so-called century deal," said Shaath in a statement to the official Palestinian radio station Voice of Palestine.
He said that "we've seen this plan advancing through the U.S. recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, disregarding the Palestinian refugees issue, and recognizing Israeli settlements and Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights."
Shaath said that "all steps taken by U.S. President Donald Trump proved that the deal is nothing but a conspiracy to liquidate the Palestinian cause."
The comment came after U.S. president's senior advisor Jared Kushner said that the Mideast peace plan will be unraveled after the month of Ramadan and the formation of the new Israeli government, most likely in June.
Israeli public radio reported earlier that the European Union is considering presenting its principles for peace in the Middle East in case Trump's plan does not build on the two-state solution principle.