CAIRO, April 21 (Xinhua) -- Egypt condemned on Sunday the multiple deadly blasts in Sri Lanka.
Multiple explosions hit churches and hotels in Sri Lanka on Sunday leaving at least 185 dead and more than 400 others injured.
No one has claimed responsibility so far for the multiple blasts.
"Egypt condoles with families of the victims for their loss and wishes the injured a speedy recovery," the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
The ministry said that Cairo stands by the side of the government and people of Sri Lanka in this crisis, stressing that such brutal crimes against innocent people and places of worship will never achieve their goal.
"Egypt voices confidence in Sri Lanka's ability to overcome this crisis," the statement added.
Meanwhile, Shawqi Allam, Egypt's grand mufti, the country's top Islamic official, condemned the attacks, asserting that targeting places of worship, shedding the blood of innocent people and spreading hatred among people of the same nation are abhorrent acts that are prohibited by all religions.
He called on Sri Lankan nationals to cooperate with security bodies for revealing those behind these terrorist attacks.
Allam offered condolences to the families of the victims, wishing the injured speedy recovery.