BAGHDAD, Sept. 15 (Xinhua) -- Iraq denied on Sunday media reports which claimed that its territory had been used to launch attacks by drones on oil facilities in the Kingdom of Saudi- Arabia.
The Iraqi government "confirms its constitutional commitment to preventing the use of its territory for aggression on its neighbors," a statement by the media office of Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi said.
Iraq also vowed to punish anyone who intended to violate the constitution by using Iraq as a launch pad for attacks in the region, according to the statement.
"Iraq reiterates its call for a peaceful solution in Yemen to protect the lives of civilians and to preserve the security of the brotherly countries, and calls on the world countries, in particular the countries of the region, to take initiatives that put an end to this (Yemen) war," the statement said.
Earlier, some media and social media reported that drones launched from Iraqi territory attacked Aramco oil installations in the Kingdom's Eastern Province.
On Saturday, a "10-drone attack," for which Yemen's Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility, targeted Saudi state-owned oil company Aramco's facilities in Abqaiq in Eastern Province and the Hijrat Khurais oilfield.
The attacks on the two Saudi Arabian oil production facilities have halted about half of the supplies from the world's top exporter and raised global concerns over oil supplies.