We are hiring! Xinhua News Agency is seeking native English speakers to fill the positions of English language copy editor & social media editor in the International News Department.
You’ll be working at Xinhua’s headquarters in downtown Beijing. Remote or part-time working not accepted. The positions come with a minimum one-year contract.
If employed, you will be asked to polish English news on international topics in all kinds of areas except entertainment and sports. Expertise in news writing on financial and international political issues is welcomed. You are also welcomed to join our team and provide advice on content on "New China" pages on Facebook (@XinhuaNewsAgency) and Twitter (@XHNews).
For those employed especially as social media editors, you'll work as a consultant, copy editor and multimedia reporter, initiating and participating in reporting projects, editing a broad range of texts and visual materials, and doing Facebook Live broadcasts.
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Journalism, English, Political Sciences or other related majors
- At least 2 years of work experience in Journalism, English language, or Political Sciences. (Experience in well-known media agency or network is preferred)
- For those interested in social media position, excellent writing and video skills a must.
- Willingness to work overtime and to deadlines
- A good knowledge of China and China’s policies, international relations is also desirable.
If interested, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for copy and social media editor”