RAMALLAH, April 5 (Xinhua) -- A senior Palestinian official slammed on Friday the remarks of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the Gaza Strip and the continuation of Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
Nabil Abu Rudeineh, spokesman of the Palestinian Authority Presidency, said in an official statement that Netanyahu's remarks show that Israel "acts in accordance with a plan that would keep the internal Palestinian division going on."
Rudeineh said that Netanyahu's remarks are "irresponsible," and accused Israel of having a strategy to establish a small state or entity in Gaza and make concessions on Jerusalem and its holy places.
Netanyahu had earlier said that he won't let Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas return to Gaza and expressed satisfaction for having two isolated entities in Gaza and the West Bank and settlement construction will go on.
Rudeineh said that "Netanyahu's remarks unveil the strategy of his government which is blindly backed by the U.S. administration and aims at dividing Palestine and dividing the Arab world."
"We hold the United States fully responsible for the current tension in Palestine and the entire region and for backing this Israeli colonial policy," he added.