SANAA, Aug. 19 (Xinhua) -- Yemen's Houthi rebels said that they launched a ballistic missile on Monday toward a military parade in neighboring Yemeni province of Marib, which is under the government control.
"The missile killed and wounded dozens of soldiers," Houthi military spokesman Yahya Sarea said in a statement carried by state Saba news agency.
There were no comments from the Yemeni government on the alleged attack.
Earlier this month, a Houthi ballistic missile targeted a military parade in the southern port city of Aden, killing over 50 southern militias.
The Houthis have recently stepped up missile and drone attacks against the exiled Yemeni government, southern militias, and Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia has been leading an Arab military coalition against Iran-allied Houthis in Yemen for more than four years in support of the exiled internationally-recognized government of Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.